Odd devices appearing in "Network"
Hi Everyone, I have an odd issue today that I need some help with. Attached is a screen shot showing some devices appearing in the network. There seem to be more and more added each day too. These devices do not appear to have been assigned an IP address or been registered in DNS. I have asked the customer if they have plugged anything on the network which they do not think they have. I cannot ping any of these devices or open them in a web browser. I would like to figure out where these are coming from but there is nothing in the event logs either. Any ideas how I can track this down? Thanks Dave
September 30th, 2011 6:23am

Hello, this belongs to the NetBios names, so please check WINS topology also in the network.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2011 6:29am

hi, check your Anitivirus software Thanks, VirajPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 30th, 2011 8:35am

Hello, this belongs to the NetBios names, so please check WINS topology also in the network.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
September 30th, 2011 1:20pm

Hi Dave, Please also take time to read the article below to get a better understanding : Appendix C – Computer Browser Service http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726989.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 4th, 2011 2:33am

Hi Dave, Please also take time to read the article below to get a better understanding : Appendix C – Computer Browser Service http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726989.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 4th, 2011 9:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics